Alpine Breads – Alpine Heart Breads Range
Alpine Heart Breads are made using the CSIRO developed BARLEYmax™ which is said to have twice the amount of fibre than regular barley.
Alpine states that the inclusion of BARLEYmax™ provides a minimum of 1g of beta-glucan per serve which it states can help lower the amount of biliary cholesterol that is re-absorbed by the body as part of a diet containing 3g of beta-glucan per day.
- Helps to lower cholesterol re-absorption by the body as part of a diet containing 3g of beta-glucan per day.
- Contains a unique combination of essential fibres, including b-glucan
- Made with BARLEYmax™, a 100% natural whole grain that contains 70% more beta-glucan than oats
- Good source of fibre
- Made in Australia from 100% Australian ingredients
Available in 2 variants:
- Heart Fibre – more than 7g of fibre in every serve; 1 serve contains 1.2g of beta glucan (serving size: 90g / servings per loaf: 7.5) – HSR: 5
- Heart Wholemeal – more than 6g of fibre in every serve; 1 serve contains 1g of beta glucan (serving size: 90g / servings per loaf: 7.5) – HSR: 4.5
Located: Bakery aisle
Health Star Rating (HSR): As detailed above
Release date: Released
Road test: Untested
Visit website: Click here
Shelf price: ∼$6.70
Available from: Coles, Woolworths or online from Alpine Breads: Click here