F. Whitlock & Sons – Relishes & Chutneys
New Zealanders would know of the famous sauces, chutneys and relishes of F. Whitlock & Sons.
Now they have started sending some of their products over to us… happy days!
The first 5 products are:
- Caramalised Onion Relish – F. Whitlock & Sons says: “Onions are mongrels. Even when you cut them, you’re the one that ends up crying. So we seared the begeezus out of them until they could no longer hurt anyone. Now they have a much sweeter disposition.” – Try it on a pizza base or as a topping
- Peach Mango & Apricot Chutney – F. Whitlock & Sons says: “We’ve bought the delicious flavours of apricot, peach and mango together in sweet harmony. Well, not so much ‘harmony’ as ‘Forced Confinement’, the resulting blend was worth their pain, though.” – Try it as a spred on any burger.
- Tomato Chutney – F. Whitlock & Sons says: “prepared the same way since 1877, our famous Tomato Chutney is not only responsible for the unceremonious obliteration of millions of tomatoes over the years, but for bringing deliciously spiced complexity to the tables (and fish and chip wrappers) for geberations.” – Use with any BBQ meat or on a meat pie.
- Tomato & Smokey Chipotle – F. Whitlock & Sons says: “Chipotle, a chilli that ‘smokes’ itself – Clever? Or Stupid?… You be the judge” – Use it on any BBQ meat; marinate your meat for extra heat; or, mix through mash for an x-factor smash.
- Beetroot & Balsamic Relish – Use it on any BBQ meat or try in salads for a tasty punch.
Located: Sauces aisle
Release date: Released
Road test: Untested
Visit website: Click Here
Shelf price: ∼$4.50
Available from: Woolworths