MorningStar Farms – Vegetarian Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe
Based on research released by MorningStar Farms, nearly half of Australians are considering adding more plant-based meals into their diets in the next 12 months – as a result, MorningStar Farms (who have been producing meat-free alternatives in the US for over 40 years) have recently launched their range of plant-based meat alternatives in Australia.
We recently surveyed the team here at The Grocery Geek and without any doubt a comforting bowl of Spaghetti Bolognese was the team favourite… so after speaking with the team at MorningStar Farms, we thought we would share with you their delicious recipe for you to try at home!
MorningStar Farms Grillers Classic Mince is available from Coles for ∼$8.00, each pack contains 5.2 servings (perfect for family recipes) and can be cooked straight from frozen.
- ½ packet of MorningStar Farms Grillers Classic Veggie Mince
- 2 tins of crushed tomatoes
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 medium sized onion, finely diced
- 2 gloves of garlic, finely sliced
- 2 sticks of celery, finely diced
- 1 large carrot, finely diced
- 8-10 basil leaves (optional)
- 1 bay leaf (optional)
- 1 packet of spaghetti, 500g
- 5 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pot on medium heat, fry the garlic, onion, celery, carrot, basil and bay leaf in olive oil until fragrant (2 mins).
- To this, add MorningStar Farms® Grillers Classic Veggie Mince and sauté for 3-5 minutes or until most of the liquid has evaporated.
- Add tins of crushed tomato along with tomato paste and 1 cup of water. Season with salt and pepper and allow to simmer covered and on low for 30 minutes. If at any time the sauce be-comes too thick or catches at the bottom, add a touch of water.
- When the sauce is ready, boil your pasta according to pack instructions. Strain and incorporate well. Serve with parmesan cheese and fresh pepper.
For more information on MorningStar Farms, please Click Here